We can help! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions.
Browse through them and if you still have questions, contact us at: 833-MA-HOIST (833-624-6478).
1. Who is required to have a Hoisting Operator's License?
If you work in Massachusetts and operate equipment that can:
- Can raise over 10+ feet & +1 below
- Bucket capacity 1/4 yard or more
- Is capable of lifting over 500 pounds
Then you must hold the appropriate Hoisting License.
2. What is the minimum age for holding a Hoisting License in Massachusetts?
The minimum age for holding a license is 18 or older.
3. Are your courses approved by the State of Massachusetts?
Yes, the classes you see listed on any Educated Operator website are approved by the State of Massachusetts for the training and re-certification of Hoisting Licenses. The courses we have set up have been used in classrooms for years with great success. Our courses have been set up by industry-recognized hoisting leaders and all Continuing Education Courses are approved by the state. See us at DPS. R. Spec Certifications LLC.
4. Do you give out materials in the In-Person Classes?
Yes,, exactly what is seen in class you take home in a workbook.
5. Is there a recommended Browser for the Online classes? Yes, we recommend that you use either Chrome or Firefox for Online classes.
6. How do I register for a class?
In Person Classes:
There is no need to sign up for an account. Our website will allow you to register as a "guest" and allow you to register for an in-person class. You will need to pick the date and the location and sign up using a credit card. Your registration receipt serves as admission to class. Please read our Rescheduling Policy
Online Classes: You will need to sign up for an account before you can register for a class. Once you have set up the account you can click on the Course link from the main navigation and pick the class(es) you want to take.
When you click on the main class description you will be taken to a page with a more detailed description.
7. Do your Online courses work on iPads?
Yes, our courses work on many devices: iPads, phones, Macs, PC and Laptops. However, viewing online classes is better on a larger monitor.
8. Can I start and stop taking the Online class?
Yes, you can. Once you've logged in and you find that you need to stop the class and return later simply click the Red X in the upper right corner of your screen. When you log back in the system will ask you if you'd like to resume where you left off.
9. Can I share my Online login information with my co-workers?
No, each Online class must be taken individually and can not be shared with anyone else. This allows us to make sure that you've really taken the course and who to provide the certificate to. Sharing the course with someone else also infringes on our copyright and we reserve the right to report and prosecute misuse of our courses.
10. Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Groups over 15 students please contact us at 833-MA-HOIST (833-624-6478) for pricing.
11. Do you have customer support?
Yes! We are available during normal business hours to answer your questions. Please see our Contact page
for more information.
12. Do I need a DOT Physical & Medical Card?
You are required to carry a current DOT Medical Card if you:
- Operate a motor vehicle for interstate commerce with a gross combination weight rating, gross vehicle weight rating, or gross combination weight of over 10,000 pounds.
- Operate a motor vehicle designed to carry more than 15 people.
- Are paid to operate a motor vehicle designed to carry more than eight people.
- Transport hazardous materials that require your vehicle to be placarded.
13. How long does it take to get a test date from the state once I've sent in my application?
It takes approximately one month. If they state is missing anything they will contact you.
14. Where will I take my test?
The state will pick the location closest to you to test at.
15. Who can I call at the state to answer MASS state questions?
State phone number for answers to state questions: 617-727-3200